Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
Fresh Air Weekend
Sat March 3, 2012
Fresh Air Weekend: 'Being Flynn,' Barry Blitt
Fresh Air Weekend highlights some of the best interviews and reviews from past weeks, and new program elements specially paced for weekends. Our weekend show emphasizes interviews with writers, filmmakers, actors, and musicians, and often includes excerpts from live in-studio concerts. This week:
'Being Flynn': When Dad Needs To Take Shelter: Writer Nick Flynn was working in a homeless shelter in his 20s when his father — an alcoholic and self-proclaimed writer who left when Flynn was a baby — showed up as a client. His story is now a movie called Being Flynn, starring Paul Dano and Robert De Niro.
'New Yorker' Cartoonist Imagines Washington At 7: Through his many New Yorker covers, Barry Blitt has become one of the pre-eminent satirical cartoonists of America's recent presidents. Now Blitt has trained his eye and pen upon our first president in a new children's book, George Washington's Birthday.
You can listen to the complete interviews here: