Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
All Things New Orleans
Mon July 16, 2012
French Quarter a vacation dream for Michelle Obama
First lady Michelle Obama says she's been to New Orleans many times but never seen the French Quarter. She told CBS's Charlie Rose that the Quarter is on her vacation dream list.
In an interview aired on CBS' "Sunday Morning," Rose asked President Barack Obama and the first lady where they'd like to go on summer vacation.
The president said his wife told him she'd love to travel more in India.
Michelle Obama added that they have wonderful places still to see in this country. She said she and her husband have usually been working on trips to New Orleans, and haven't been to the Quarter.
Rose said there was a Mardi Gras in her future. She answered, "That's right. A jazz fest of some sort is out there."