Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Mon April 30, 2012
Fountains Of Wayne On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Wed January 9, 2013 4:04 pm
The masterful power-pop band Fountains of Wayne makes its second appearance on Mountain Stage, recorded live in Charleston, W.V. The band's latest album, 2011's Sky Full of Holes, is its first in five years, and features plenty of crunchy, guitar-driven pop.
The band kicks off its performance with the infectious "Someone to Love" — from 2005's Traffic and Weather — and builds the rest of its set around new songs and old favorites, including "Bright Future in Sales" from Welcome Interstate Managers. Anchored by the songwriting duo of Adam Schlesinger and Chris Collingwood, along with Jody Porter and Brian Young, Fountains of Wayne has maintained the same lineup since the release of its first album in 1996. Seven years later, it charted one of the new millennium's most memorable pop hits, earning the band a belated Grammy nomination for Best New Artist.
This Mountain Stage performance was originally published on April 30, 2012.