Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
St. Landry Parish
Fri January 11, 2013
Former St. Landry Parish Official Cleared in Probe
The state attorney general has cleared former St. Landry Parish President Don Menard of any criminal wrongdoing in connection with a legislative auditor's investigation of the more than $16,000 in charges made on Menard's parish-issued credit card.
According to a letter faxed Tuesday to the St. Landry Parish District Attorney's Office, The Advocate reports Attorney General Buddy Caldwell said that he sees no need in pursuing the allegations made against Menard.
Caldwell said he consider the matter closed
Menard served as St. Landry Parish president for a pair of four-year terms that began in 2004.
Menard said Tuesday that the district attorney chose to refer the matter to the state attorney general to avoid any conflict of interest.