Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Thu January 17, 2013
Fla. County Picks Peter Mayer for Tourism Push
Tourism officials in Okaloosa County, Fla., have selected New Orleans-based Peter Mayer Advertising to design a program to attract visitors to the Florida Panhandle community.
The county includes the communities of Destin, Fort Walton and Okaloosa Island.
The agency began working with the county tourism development department in December. Its destination-marketing experience includes work with the Louisiana Office of Tourism, the New Orleans Tourism Marketing Corp., hotels and attractions such as the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival.