Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
WWNO News Reports
Wed November 2, 2011
First Lady Visits New Orleans Daycare Center
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, LA – First Lady Michelle Obama joined the children, staff and some parents for a bit of light exercise - stretching, marching and a few jumps. The first lady known for supporting healthy eating started with the book "Lunch," which extols the virtues of fruits and vegetables.
"He ate tender, green green PEAS!! You know who likes peas? President Obama."
Earlier, she attended a fundraiser where she rallied support for the president's re-election.
Mrs. Obama selected the Royal Castle center for low- and moderate-income families for its development of healthy habits. The Louisiana Children's Museum conducts the Eat Sleep Play program, an 11-week plan involving children and parents that promotes healthy eating, good nutrition and physical fitness.
Mrs. Obama then read a book she said was a favorite of her children - "Where the Wild Things Are."
She posed for a picture with the children, parents, staff and local officials before heading to Houston for a Democratic National Committee event.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming