Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
Around the Nation
Thu October 11, 2012
Finding Unexpected Warmth After Coming Out
Thursday is National Coming Out Day. That's when many LGBT people celebrate the day they came out about their sexual orientation, and encourage others. Host Michel Martin hears from one woman, Keli Pia-Miller, who explains the difficulty of coming out, and how it taught her just how much she loved her family — and how much they loved her.