Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
BP Oil Spill
Thu March 8, 2012
Feinberg Finishes With BP Claims Process
The attorney handling damage claims from the BP oil spill is no longer in charge of deciding compensation. A federal court is taking over jurisdiction.
Kenneth Feinberg has stepped aside from his job as administrator of the Gulf Coast Claims Facility. After taking over the $20 billion fund from BP, Feinberg has overseen more than 220-thousand claims receive more than $6 billion. A federal judge presiding over a proposed settlement is handing over the damage claims process to a Virginia attorney during the transition. If the judge approves the proposed settlement approaching $8 billion dollars, the court will handle remaining claims.