Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 22, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Where Y'Eat: Relighting The Tiki Torch
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Fri August 1, 2014
Farm To Table International Symposium Hosts Food Policy Advocate Michel Nischan
Michel Nischan grew up spending time on his grandfather’s farm, so the thought of eating fresh food was second nature to him.
As he got older, he worked in kitchens and found out most of his customers weren’t too keen on the idea. He had to lie to them about where he was getting their food.
But as people's attitudes toward food changed, Michel's ideas gained in popularity. He's often cited as on the most influential food policy makers in the past decade.
Michel's also the keynote speaker at this year's Farm to Table Symposium, taking place at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center August 2-4.
If you can't join the conference on Saturday morning to hear him speak, click the audio link below to hear his interview with Poppy Tooker.
Notes from New Orleans