Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Gretna Councilman Extortion
Wed June 6, 2012
Ex-Gretna Councilman's Convictions Upheld
A federal appeals court has upheld a former Gretna city councilman's convictions and prison sentence for taking money in exchange for his support of zoning variances. A three-judge panel from the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals rejected Jonathan Bolar's argument that a jury didn't hear enough evidence to support his extortion convictions.