Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Tue December 18, 2012
Ex-ATC Official's Trial Postponed
The criminal trial of Murphy J. Painter, former commissioner of the Louisiana Office of Alcohol and Tobacco Control, has been postponed until April 22.
The Advocate reports Painter's trial was scheduled to begin Monday, but U.S. District Judge James J. Brady granted a request for a delay.
Painter faces federal charges of computer fraud, aggravated identity theft and making false statements to federal investigators.
The 59-year-old Painter is alleged to have accessed confidential personal information using the Louisiana Law Enforcement Telecommunications System and the FBI's National Crime Information Center database.