Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
Tue December 18, 2012
Ex-ATC Official's Trial Postponed
The criminal trial of Murphy J. Painter, former commissioner of the Louisiana Office of Alcohol and Tobacco Control, has been postponed until April 22.
The Advocate reports Painter's trial was scheduled to begin Monday, but U.S. District Judge James J. Brady granted a request for a delay.
Painter faces federal charges of computer fraud, aggravated identity theft and making false statements to federal investigators.
The 59-year-old Painter is alleged to have accessed confidential personal information using the Louisiana Law Enforcement Telecommunications System and the FBI's National Crime Information Center database.