Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Mon September 17, 2012
Enrollment record set at Bossier college
Enrollment at Bossier Parish Community College has set a new record for the fourth consecutive semester.
The Times reports the college enrolled 7,900 students for the fall semester, an increase of 11.63 percent from fall 2011.
The school opened in 1967.
Chancellor Jim Henderson attributes the enrollment increase to adapting to employer needs in northwest Louisiana by offering classes that offer career opportunities for students.
The enrollment was up 823 students from last fall.
Northwestern State University