Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
Sat September 1, 2012
Elmer's Island to remain closed
Elmer's Island, located on the southwestern tip of Jeffeson Parish, will remain closed to the public until further notice.
State wildlife and fisheries officials said Friday that the access road connecting La. Hwy. 1 to the refuge beach area has been significantly damaged as a result of Hurricane Isaac.