Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Sat September 1, 2012
Elmer's Island to remain closed
Elmer's Island, located on the southwestern tip of Jeffeson Parish, will remain closed to the public until further notice.
State wildlife and fisheries officials said Friday that the access road connecting La. Hwy. 1 to the refuge beach area has been significantly damaged as a result of Hurricane Isaac.