Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Thu July 19, 2012
Earnings up for Pool Corp. in second quarter
Pool Corp., the Covington-based distributor of swimming pool and backyard supplies, reported improvement in its second-quarter net income on Thursday.
The company said net income for the quarter was $65 million, or $1.34 a share. In the same period a year ago, the company reported net income of $59 million, or $1.19 a share.
Revenue rose to $757.2 million from $706 million in the same quarter a year ago.