Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Tue July 2, 2013
To The Dump, To The Dump, To The Dump Dump Dump: Write Us A Lone Ranger Joke
Originally published on Tue July 2, 2013 8:02 am
This morning, as I perused the headlines, I saw a few items about the new Lone Ranger movie, and rather than being struck by interesting thoughts about the racial politics of Johnny Depp's Tonto, I abruptly remembered this joke: "Where does the Lone Ranger take his trash?" "To the dump, to the dump, to the dump dump dump." You know, because of the music?
And then I thought, "Who built the Lone Ranger's luxury apartment building?"
"Donald Trump, Donald Trump, Donald Trump Trump Trump."
Because it's a holiday week and because here in D.C. we are being pelted with rain and enveloped in a fog of armpit-like humidity, this seems like a good day for perhaps the most frivolous proposition in Monkey See history, which is really saying something.
Leave your Lone Ranger joke in the comments.