Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Around the Nation
Tue July 17, 2012
Don't Try This At Home: Gun As A TV Remote
Originally published on Tue July 17, 2012 11:17 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Salem, Oregon police say a man turned off his TV using a different kind of remote - he was playing with a gun. He aimed the laser scope at the TV and pulled the trigger and discovered the gun was loaded. Nobody was hurt but neighbors called police about the bullet that came through their wall.
All of this brings to mind a firing range owner in Virginia who showed me a gun years ago. I asked where the safety was. He pointed to his head and said right here. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.