Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Wed October 10, 2012
A Documentary from the East, a Spirit from the South, and a Cookbook from the Past
On this edition of Louisiana Eats! food writer Suzanne Pfefferle talks about making her first documentary, Vietnamese Cuisine in New Orleans. Then bartender Adam Seger discusses his Southern Louisiana roots, and historian Rien Fertel reveals secrets from The Picayune's Creole Cook Book.
And don't forget to send in your answer for our culinary quiz: "What is the distinctly local ingredient with an absinthe taste that is a vital element for making a Sazerac cocktail?"