Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Around the Nation
Tue November 20, 2012
Customers Help Robbed Coffee Kiosk Recover
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. OK, there are flash mobs and then there's a cash mob. That's what happened at one coffee kiosk this weekend near Portland, organized by a loyal regular. The Oregonian reports customer cars overflowed the parking lot as customers helped Black Rock Coffee Bar bounce back from two robberies in just two weeks. Many gave cash donations, as much as $100, returning the favor to a coffee kiosk that's supported communities' sports teams and schools. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.