Most Active Stories
- Battle Brewing In Holy Cross Over Proposed Highrises
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Around the Nation
Tue November 20, 2012
Customers Help Robbed Coffee Kiosk Recover
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. OK, there are flash mobs and then there's a cash mob. That's what happened at one coffee kiosk this weekend near Portland, organized by a loyal regular. The Oregonian reports customer cars overflowed the parking lot as customers helped Black Rock Coffee Bar bounce back from two robberies in just two weeks. Many gave cash donations, as much as $100, returning the favor to a coffee kiosk that's supported communities' sports teams and schools. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.