Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Farmers Market Minute
Sat June 2, 2012
Cookbook Swap at the Farmers Market
With farmers market tables piled high, watch the produce fly. These are peak season weeks crying out for fun in the kitchen. But, if the fresh aroma of peaches, blueberries and basil is not enough to inspire you to cook, consider next Saturday’s annual cookbook swap.
Bring a book, take a book. If you tire of old recipes, seek inspiration from other, published voices. So, scan your bookshelves for cookbooks in need of new homes. Bring them to the Crescent City Farmers Market and pick up a few new finds. One year, I snagged this amazing Catalan cookbook that introduced me to Romesco sauce for the first time. During the height of pepper season, I can’t live without it. Another year, I landed a signed copy of a noted chef's cookbook.
Out with the old, and in with someone else’s old. In your kitchen, make it new.