Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
Fri January 18, 2013
Construction to Begin on Fremaux Town Center
Construction is expected to begin in March on the Fremaux Town Center in Slidell.
On Tuesday, Covington-based Stirling Properties and Chattanooga, Tenn.-based CBL & Associates Properties Inc. announced a joint venture to open the first round of stores by spring 2014.
Developers say the plan is to focus on 80 acres of retail space with a long-term vision of one day adding office, residential or hotel components on the whole 400-acre site.
The companies said in a news release that more than 70 percent of the space is already leased out to Dick's Sporting Goods, Michaels, T.J. Maxx, Lane Bryant, Kohl's, ULTA Beauty, Rack Room Shoes and Best Buy.
The Fremaux Town Center will sit west of Interstate 10 and south of Fremaux Ave. in Slidell.
Business & Technology
World Trade Center