Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Thu January 10, 2013
Commission Seeks Raises for Judges
The state Judicial Compensation Commission has recommended a multiyear pay raise plan for Louisiana's judges.
The plan would this year increase Supreme Court justices' pay by 5.5 percent, appeals court judges by 3.7 percent and general trial court judges by 4 percent.
The Advocate reports the raise would cost an estimated $1.7 million.
The plan approved Monday now advances to the Louisiana Legislature for consideration.
The commission acted after hearing a report from economist Loren C. Scott, who concluded that Louisiana judges' pay was lagging behind that of their colleagues in the South.