Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Gulf Oil Spill
Mon March 21, 2011
Coast Guard Confirms Oil In Samples Off Grand Isle
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – The fire chief of Grand Isle says a slick of what appears to be weathered oil is covering an area of two to three miles. Aubrey Chaisson (sha-SAWH') says he saw the slick from a boat as well as from a helicopter. The fire department says oil is also washing on shore. Officials from the community hard-hit by the BP oil spill are investigating, along with the oil company. The Coast Guard says a dark substance in the samples is probably sediment from high water and dredging in the Mississippi River.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming.