Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Arts & Culture
Fri March 1, 2013
Civil War Re-Enactors in Thibodaux for Weekend
Re-enactors based in Thibodaux will tell the history of the Bayou Lafourche region during the Civil War and demonstrate camp cooking, military drill and other aspects of life in the Union and Confederate armies this weekend.
The unit called Hellfire Stew Mess/Bouanchaud's Battery will spend the weekend encamped at the E.D. White Historic Site.
A news release from the Louisiana State Museum and Friends of E.D. White Historic Site says the event is free and open to the public.
The re-enactors will be there from 2 to 4 p.m. Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday and 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday. For more information call 985.447.0915.
Thibodaux Regional Medical Center
Notes from New Orleans