Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Arts & Culture
Fri March 1, 2013
Civil War Re-Enactors in Thibodaux for Weekend
Re-enactors based in Thibodaux will tell the history of the Bayou Lafourche region during the Civil War and demonstrate camp cooking, military drill and other aspects of life in the Union and Confederate armies this weekend.
The unit called Hellfire Stew Mess/Bouanchaud's Battery will spend the weekend encamped at the E.D. White Historic Site.
A news release from the Louisiana State Museum and Friends of E.D. White Historic Site says the event is free and open to the public.
The re-enactors will be there from 2 to 4 p.m. Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday and 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday. For more information call 985.447.0915.
Thibodaux Regional Medical Center
Notes from New Orleans