Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Arts & Culture
Fri March 1, 2013
Civil War Re-Enactors in Thibodaux for Weekend
Re-enactors based in Thibodaux will tell the history of the Bayou Lafourche region during the Civil War and demonstrate camp cooking, military drill and other aspects of life in the Union and Confederate armies this weekend.
The unit called Hellfire Stew Mess/Bouanchaud's Battery will spend the weekend encamped at the E.D. White Historic Site.
A news release from the Louisiana State Museum and Friends of E.D. White Historic Site says the event is free and open to the public.
The re-enactors will be there from 2 to 4 p.m. Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday and 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday. For more information call 985.447.0915.
Thibodaux Regional Medical Center
Notes from New Orleans