Most Active Stories
- Battle Brewing In Holy Cross Over Proposed Highrises
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
WWNO News Reports
Mon December 7, 2009
City elections set to begin
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Mayor Ray Nagin is in the final months of the two-term limit set for the office. Democrat and Republican candidates to be his replacement will face off in a primary February 6th, with the runoff a month later. Qualifying for the post is set for Wednesday through Friday of this week. So far about 10 people have announced intentions to run. City Council seats will also be on the ballot, along with the first citywide assessor for New Orleans and the sheriff. For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming
A debate of the mayoral candidates sponsored by 10 non-profit and nonpartisan groups will be held at Xavier University on December 15th starting at 6 p.m. The debate will be carried live on WWNO.