Most Active Stories
- Le Show For Oct. 26, 2014
- Philadelphia Gets Its Water Management Act Together, And New Orleans Takes Notes
- MONDAY: State Treasurer John Kennedy; and Advocacy Director for Louisiana AARP Andrew Muhl
- Louisiana Department Of Education Releases School Report Cards
- Which Came First: The Mockingbird Or The Musician?
Notes from New Orleans
Thu July 24, 2014
Checking In With Revitalization In The Lower 9th Ward
If you’ve ever driven through the Lower 9th Ward, you know that there is lots of land out there.
On this week’s Notes from New Orleans Sharon Litwin catches up with Lower Nine gardener Jenga Mwendo of the Backyard Gardeners Network about putting vacant lots to use and what’s been happening in her neighborhood since the last time the two of them talked.
To read more about the Backyard Gardeners Network, visit NolaVie.com.