A press release issued by Chase bank today:
To our valued Chase customers in Louisiana and Mississippi:
We hope you, your families and your customers are safe. Natural disasters are very stressful and we want to help where we can.
This week, we are expanding our efforts to help you and all of our customers in Louisiana and Mississippi as you face and recover from the storm.
- We are waiving the following Chase fees charged between now and through August 31st for customers in Louisiana and Mississippi.
- Overdraft Protection Transfer, Extended Overdraft, Returned Item and Insufficient Funds Fees for deposit accounts.
- Late fees on credit cards, business and consumer loans, including mortgages, home-equity, auto and student loans.
- We expect most, if not all, of our ATMs to be operational. But if you can't get to one of our ATMs, we won't charge you a fee for using someone else's ATM between now and through August 31st.
- However, the bank that owns the ATM may charge you.
- When possible, we will be increasing staff and extending hours at key branches in severely affected areas once they reopen.
Please call us at 1-888-356-0023 or your personal banker if you are unable to access your funds or need help with other services. For example, we will generally waive the early withdrawal fees on CDs to help customers with their cash flow.
If you have more specific problems, please call your Financial Advisor, Business Banker, Loan Officer or simply come into your nearest open Chase branch. Our branch and telephone bankers are empowered to go the extra mile for customers with storm-related problems or concerns. We also plan to call many of our customers in the hardest hit areas to see if there are other ways we can help.
We hope these efforts can play a small part in easing some of your worries following the storm. We are committed to doing what we can for our customers who have been impacted. If you need help, please call us at 1-888-356-0023, tweet @ChaseSupport or visit any of our open branches.