Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Thu March 27, 2014
A Cautionary Tale: Get Your Affairs In Order Now
Originally published on Thu March 27, 2014 2:51 pm
If you’ve been avoiding preparing a will, or other estate planning directives, think again.
Only 35 percent of Americans have a will, and that can leave families and healthcare providers in a sticky situation.
Washington Post finance columnist Michelle Singletary‘s mother did not have any personal directives. When she was critically injured recently, her family was confronted with many decisions, made more difficult by the absence of written wishes.
Singletary joins Here & Now’s Robin Young to discuss the importance of being prepared for the worst.