Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Fri July 17, 2009
Butter Beans and Field Peas
New Orleans, LA – Butter Beans and Field Peas
Can we have earnest talk about something important? It's about butter beans. I realize that when you think of beans and peas, images of metal cans and sacks of dried legumes come to mind. However, if you have never had the joy of cooking with freshly shucked butter beans and field peas, then drop what you're doing and head to market. This time of year, you'll find them cleaned and shelled or still in their shells. An ideal activity to do while listening to the radio, get comfortable and shell peas as a cool, indoor afternoon activity for the whole family. For more info, log onto wwno.org.
For WWNO, this is Richard McCarthy.
Hours and location of farmers markets in our region. market info