Most Active Stories
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Around the Nation
Tue March 19, 2013
Broncos Cut Player After Missed Contract Deadline
Originally published on Tue March 19, 2013 9:42 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep seeking a lesson from the life of Elvis Dumervil. The Denver Broncos player agreed to a pay cut but he sent his contract six minutes late. Rather than let a higher pay rate take effect, the Broncos cut him. The player's agent - now fired - says there was a last minute negotiation. Then Dumervil lost time finding a Kinko's to fax his contract. Fans have sent the agent hundreds of angry emails. And there's the lesson - you can do business by email. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.