Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Around the Nation
Tue March 19, 2013
Broncos Cut Player After Missed Contract Deadline
Originally published on Tue March 19, 2013 9:42 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep seeking a lesson from the life of Elvis Dumervil. The Denver Broncos player agreed to a pay cut but he sent his contract six minutes late. Rather than let a higher pay rate take effect, the Broncos cut him. The player's agent - now fired - says there was a last minute negotiation. Then Dumervil lost time finding a Kinko's to fax his contract. Fans have sent the agent hundreds of angry emails. And there's the lesson - you can do business by email. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.