Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
Fri December 23, 2011
Britain's Prince Philip Is Hospitalized
After experiencing chest pains, Britain's Prince Philip, the husband of Queen Elizabeth II, has been hospitalized.
Prince Philip, 90, was taken from Sandringham, the queen's sprawling estate in rural Norfolk, to the cardiac unit at Papworth Hospital in Cambridge for "precautionary tests," a spokeswoman for Buckingham Palace said.
She declined to comment further and spoke on customary condition of anonymity. A hospital spokeswoman referred all calls back to the palace.
CNN reports that the royal family traditionally spends Christmas at Sandringham.
We'll update this story once we know more.