Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Fri December 23, 2011
Britain's Prince Philip Is Hospitalized
After experiencing chest pains, Britain's Prince Philip, the husband of Queen Elizabeth II, has been hospitalized.
Prince Philip, 90, was taken from Sandringham, the queen's sprawling estate in rural Norfolk, to the cardiac unit at Papworth Hospital in Cambridge for "precautionary tests," a spokeswoman for Buckingham Palace said.
She declined to comment further and spoke on customary condition of anonymity. A hospital spokeswoman referred all calls back to the palace.
CNN reports that the royal family traditionally spends Christmas at Sandringham.
We'll update this story once we know more.