Most Active Stories
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Wed August 1, 2012
Brett on the Paper and Linda on the Tube
On this week's Louisiana Eats!, we'll hear from Brett Anderson about his career as a food critic in New Orleans and what he's experienced at The Times-Picayune since it announced cutbacks earlier this summer. Then we'll speak with chef Linda Green about her victorious battle on the Food Network's Chopped.
Steak Florentine Poppy Style (Serves 4 – 6)
2 lb. flank steak
4 tablespoons butter, softened
1 bunch watercress
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Spread softened butter on one side of flank steak. Sprinkle liberally with salt and black pepper. Place flank steak on a broiler pan and broil for 5 – 7 minutes. Remove from broiler and place on a carving board. Cover and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain.
Make a dressing by mixing together lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss with watercress and serve on top of steak slices.
Don't forget to enter our weekly Culinary Contest!