Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
WWNO News Reports
Mon March 29, 2010
Boys Town Opens New Orleans Home
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Music and a Mardi Gras Indian in full costume helped mark the opening of a home for as many as eight boys at Bienville Street near Jefferson Davis Parkway. Executive Director Dennis Dillon said the house has furniture, appliances and household goods for the boys and the married couple who will be in charge of the home.
One of the visitors checking out the house restored from Hurricane Katrina damage was Shine White. The 20-year-old junior at Louisiana Tech lived at another Boys Town home in New Orleans for five years.
White says his Boys Town experience greatly enhanced his life. Dillon says all eight boys referred to the program by social agencies will be moving in over the next few weeks.