Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Sun June 29, 2014
Bourbon Street Shooting Leaves Nine Injured
New Orleans police are investigating a shooting on Bourbon Street that injured nine people, two critically. Two men opened fire, injuring bystanders.
New Orleans Police Superintendent Ronal Serpas says three officers were patrolling the area when gunfire erupted early Sunday morning.
He says it started with two men arguing, then opening fire. He says eyewitnesses are being interviewed and video surveillance tapes are being reviewed. The shooting was only a few blocks from Jackson Square and among several popular bars on the crowded street.
Police say officers will be out in force in the city as hundreds of thousands of visitors are expected to attend the ESSENCE music festival, held every year on the Fourth of July weekend.