Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Sun June 29, 2014
Bourbon Street Shooting Leaves Nine Injured
New Orleans police are investigating a shooting on Bourbon Street that injured nine people, two critically. Two men opened fire, injuring bystanders.
New Orleans Police Superintendent Ronal Serpas says three officers were patrolling the area when gunfire erupted early Sunday morning.
He says it started with two men arguing, then opening fire. He says eyewitnesses are being interviewed and video surveillance tapes are being reviewed. The shooting was only a few blocks from Jackson Square and among several popular bars on the crowded street.
Police say officers will be out in force in the city as hundreds of thousands of visitors are expected to attend the ESSENCE music festival, held every year on the Fourth of July weekend.