Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Fri August 31, 2012
Boomtown Casino near New Orleans reopens
Boomtown Casino, across the Mississippi River from New Orleans, reopened Friday after getting the all-clear from state regulators.
The Pinnacle Entertainment facility had been closed since Tuesday due to Hurricane Isaac. The company also had to postpone the grand opening of its new L'Auberge Casino Hotel in Baton Rouge, but now plans to open Saturday, The Advocate reports.
Barry Regula, Boomtown's vice president and general manager, says Boomtown will extend its Labor Day On-Duty Free Lunch Buffet Day to include emergency workers and municipal personnel involved in storm recovery on Monday. Others who can eat free include military, veterans, EMS, police and firefighters.
He says the extension is a way to show gratitude for the "work they do every day protecting the city we share."