Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Sun January 13, 2013
A Bookstore Devastated By Sandy Limps Back With Some Help
Originally published on Sun January 13, 2013 6:25 pm
New York's nonprofit bookstore Printed Matter in west Chelsea lost close to 10,000 books and sustained more than $200,000 in damages during Hurricane Sandy. The day after the storm, volunteers were at the store to help - even though some didn't have power themselves.