Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 22, 2015
Thu July 24, 2014
Bollinger Shipyards Gets Major Coast Guard Contract
Bollinger Shipyards has been awarded a $255 million contract to build six more Fast Response Cutters for the U.S. Coast Guard.
The New Orleans Advocate reports the funding brings the total number of the boats under contract with Lockport-based Bollinger to 30.
The contract's total value so far is more than $1.3 billion.
Democratic U-S Senator Mary Landrieu says the latest funding is part almost $9 billion in discretionary funding allocated to the Coast Guard in the Department of Homeland Security's budget for fiscal year 2014.
Landrieu chairs the Senate Appropriations Homeland Security Subcommittee,
The Coast Guard plans to acquire a total 58 Fast Response Cutters.