Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Tue August 21, 2012
Body of Mandeville man found in lake
The St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office has retrieved the body of a Mandeville man from Lake Pontchartrain.
Capt. George Bonnett, the sheriff's spokesman, says the coroner's office identified the victim as 59-year-old Charles Ellis. Deputies pulled the man's body from the lake Saturday afternoon. Bonnett says Ellis is believed to have been swimming in the area near the Mandeville harbor.
Toxicology tests are pending. An exact cause of death remains under investigation.
Bonnett said Monday that there were no obvious signs of foul play.
Anyone with information which may be helpful to the investigation is asked to call Detective Rachel Smith at 985-726-7839.
Police DWI Arrest