Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Wed April 6, 2011
Besh & The Boys
Crawfish Etouffee (Serves 4)
1 lb. crawfish tails
1 Stick butter (8 oz)
1 Bunch green onions, thinly sliced
1 Clove garlic
3 Tablespoons tomato paste
1 Cup of water to rinse out crawfis tail bags
1 Teaspoon thyme
2 Bay leaves
1/4 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 turns of the peppermill
Scant 1/2 Teaspoon salt
Melt butter. Whisk in tomato paste. Add the green onions and herbs. Cook together for 5 minutes. Rinse out the crawfish meat bags with approximately 1 cup of water and whisk into the butter mixture. Add the garlic and the crawfish tails. Cover and cook over low heat about 5 minutes.
Serve over rice.