Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
WWNO News Reports
Thu August 4, 2011
Arrmy Corps of Engineers Awards New Orleans Office
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – The corps says the team put in "hard work" and "professional excellence" in reducing risk in the greater New Orleans area. But the in-house recognition is being dismissed by Sandy Rosenthal, founder of Levees-dot-org, which has been battling the Corps over the failed levee system.
"Nobody was fired. No one was demoted or arrested. No one stepped down in disgrace. No one went to prison. Heck, no one was even reprimanded. These are the organizational problems that I'm talking about that have still not been addressed and the problems are still there."
The New Orleans staff won awards for nearly $16 Billion dollars in projects, as well as floodgate and floodwall structure being built to protect New Orleans and the suburbs on the West Bank of the Mississippi.