Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
The Picture Show
Tue January 1, 2013
Around The World, Having A Ball
Originally published on Tue January 1, 2013 9:46 am
Some people choose to celebrate the arrival of the new year by staying home with a good book and cup of hot tea. Others go out to party, cheer, and bring in the year with as much fanfare as possible. (And of course, those are the people who tend to get photographed...)
Here's a look at how some folks around the world celebrated the arrival of 2013 — some with quiet moments, and some with as much revelry as possible.
And to all readers of The Picture Show, we wish a very happy new year to you.