Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
Mon April 7, 2014
April 9th Is NOLA Bike To Work Day
Wednesday, April 9th is NOLA Bike to Work Day, a citywide initiative that aims to highlight the benefits of biking and new developments to improve safety and conditions for cyclists. Now in its third year, Entergy and community organization Bike Easy have teamed up to offer "bike trains", giveaways and meet ups throughout the day.
"The purpose and mission is to raise awareness about the wonderful infrastructure that the City of New Orleans has been making investments in — for people who not only bike but also walk, to get them out and just experience [the investments] if they haven't already," says Naomi Doerner, executive director of Bike Easy. "We benefit just from having more people and eyes on the street in terms of safety, and in terms of riding. There is safety in numbers. So the more people that are biking on a regular basis, the more we're getting used to sharing that space."
For more information and to register for the event, go to www.bikeeasy.org
This story has been revised to reflect the following revision:
Due to expected inclement weather, NOLA Bike to Work Day was rescheduled from Tuesday, April 8 to Wednesday, April 9.