Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
All Songs Considered
Sun September 8, 2013
All Aboard A Magical Mystery Train
Originally published on Sun September 8, 2013 11:24 am
I'm about to find out.
Doug Aitken is the mastermind. He gathered a team of creatives for a train journey across the country (I'm only going as far as Chicago). This magical mystery train is called Station to Station and it rolls out of Washington, D.C., on Sunday. First stop? Pittsburgh.
As an artist, Aitken combines music, film, literary works, architecture and more into happenings. And during the eight-hour inaugural run from D.C. to Pittsburgh, musicians will gather for a first happening in a rolling Moog Sound Lab — a train car filled with synthesizers and sound processors manufactured by the revered American electronic instrument company Moog. In there, the musicians will create ... well, actually, they don't know what they'll create. But I'll be there with a number of videographers to document the process. So stay tuned. I'll be sending pictures on Instagram as @tinydesk and also on Twitter as @allsongs.