Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Around the Nation
Thu May 10, 2012
Accidental Calls To New York City's 911 Add Up
A report says in 2010, 38 percent of 911 calls in New York City were accidental calls lasting just seconds. Most, according to the New York Daily News, appear to be calls made from pockets or purses. There were actually more of these calls than calls that warranted a response by a police car.