Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
As Development and Marketing Manager, Ron Biava oversees membership and other fundraising activities as well as events, communications, and promotion—with a lot of help from other staff members and volunteers! Ron came to WWNO in fall 2009 after years of fundraising at Tulane University, several colleges of the Universities of Cambridge and Oxford in England, the Audubon Society of Portland, Oregon, and the New Orleans Public Library Foundation. (The renovated Alvar Street Branch Library is one of his favorite accomplishments.) Ron arrived in New Orleans in 1978 with a degree in urban planning, and served in Dutch Morial’s first mayoral administration. He is a native of Detroit, Michigan.