Most Active Stories
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Become an Underwriter
WWNO’s second-largest source of funding comes from approximately 150 businesses that underwrite the costs of NPR news, music and WWNO's local programming.
In return for their support, for-profit and non-profit underwriters receive on-air identification of their businesses and services, which is great way to reach WWNO’s loyal and substantial audience.
Corporate underwriting lends the strength of WWNO and NPR to your message's impact, combining the traditional success of radio advertising with an engaged, educated, affluent audience that already has a strong personal connection to WWNO and to public broadcasting.
Sponsor a Program
Generous sponsorship support from individuals, foundations, and underwriters provides the funding needed for WWNO to produce local programs like Louisiana Eats! and The Reading Life. We're seeking sponsors to help support local news programs, special broadcasts, and some nationally-distributed programs, too.
Our corporate underwriting team can help you design an on-air and online schedule perfectly tailored to your marketing and sponsorship goals. For more information on how to join the growing number of WWNO underwriters and sponsors, please call us at (504) 280-3288 or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Operations, HC Engineering
- "We’re proud to underwrite on WWNO, and support amazing coverage of the world and our backyard. WWNO broadens horizons and fosters creative thought; ideals which create a community worth living in.”
Amy Kirk Duvoisin
Marketing Director, The French Market Corporation
- “WWNO helps the French Market reach New Orleanians in a way that print advertising can’t, and brings us closer to the locals who love authentic and engaging places, people and events.”
- "I had an idea that becoming an underwriter for WWNO would help bring me new customers, but I didn't know what to expect. I was overwhelmed by the response. Within days, I was getting twice as many inquiries as I was before, and have since landed several major contracts. With each new customer I ask where they heard about Apptitude, and the answer is always 'WWNO!'"