2012 Spring Membership Drive

You rely on WWNO.  We rely on you.

The programs that we broadcast–trusted news, great music, and smart entertainment–would not be available without support from listeners like you. Membership is our number one source of support, followed closely by local business underwriters.

Individual listeners are WWNO’s largest single source of funding, accounting for more than a third of our annual budget. Please join, renew your membership, or contribute an additional gift by using our secure online donation process.

Remember, your support is crucial to keep WWNO, NPR, and all of public radio on the air.

Click here to become a member today!

Pages

Members Make It Possible
12:27 pm
Fri March 15, 2013

Listener Addie Martin on Why She Contributes a Dollar a Day to WWNO

Addie Martin.

Local food blogger Addie Martin has been a WWNO listener for nearly a decade, and listens more now than she ever has before.

"I really love the new shows during the day," Martin says. "Some are the call-in shows, some are the interviews, just one-on-one — a good variety of topics, they're always very timely and interesting guests."

Martin says in the last few years she's really found herself increasing the amount of time she listens to WWNO every day. And if she misses a show, she'll catch it on podcast. It's why she and her husband are dollar-a-day members.

Read more
Members Make It Possible
1:02 pm
Thu March 14, 2013

Jameeta Youngblood on Becoming a Sustaining Member

Jameeta Youngblood.
Janet Wilson WWNO

WWNO's business manager is a member, too! Jameeta Youngblood explains why she became a sustaining member, rather than a dollar-a-day member like she's been in the past.

"It was easier for me to become a sustaining member," Jameeta said. "I felt like I wouldn't have to constantly be reminded to renew my membership, it would automatically happen. I just felt it was something easy for me to do and a lot less work for the membership staff."

Read more
Membership Drive
12:34 pm
Thu March 14, 2013

Photos From Our Membership Drive

General Manager Paul Maassen explaining why we need you to join as a sustaining member.
Janet Wilson WWNO

Take a look at some of the photos from our Spring Membership Drive, already in full swing! Thanks so much to all of our donors and volunteers, and to you for making New Orleans public radio possible.

Gratitude!  That’s what we at WWNO feel at during our membership drive. With the support of hundreds of donors in the last few days, not to mention many others who gave to our Lagniappe Fund earlier this month, we have had a very successful drive so far — but we’re not done yet!

Read more
Members Make It Possible
10:06 am
Thu March 14, 2013

Meet Volunteer Doug Christian

Volunteer Doug Christian.
Janet Wilson WWNO

Doug Christian's youngest brother works in public radio in Kansas, so that's where his donations go.

But Doug is a New Orleanian and avid WWNO listener. "I have this tremendous guilt that I am not supporting the station here."

So what does he do? Doug volunteers.

"I spend my time here, and spend my money there."

Read more
Members Make It Possible
9:01 am
Wed March 13, 2013

Meet Volunteer Stephanie Reed

Artist and membership drive volunteer Stephanie Reed.
Stephanie Reed

Listener Stephanie Reed says she searched out two things right away when she moved to New Orleans from Maine three years ago: her local farmers market and WWNO.

"That's a good way to feel at home in a new place," Stephanie told WWNO's Fred Kasten.

Read more
Members Make It Possible
2:58 pm
Mon March 11, 2013

Terry Gross on Becoming a Sustaining Member

Fresh Air's Terry Gross.
Will Ryan

Fresh Air's Terry Gross has a message for WWNO's listeners: become a sustaining member.

Sustaining membership is an ongoing gift from your bank account, or credit or debit card. It's quick and easy to set up, and takes the hassle out of remembering to keep up with your gifts.

Keeping great programming like Fresh Air on the air here in New Orleans is important. Coverage like ours is rare, valuable and necessary — and your help makes a big difference.

Read more
Spring Membership Drive
9:00 pm
Thu February 28, 2013

Looking for Something New to Do? Want to Feel Good Doing It? Volunteer!

You can have this much fun, too! Volunteer at WWNO.
Janet Wilson WWNO

Join our volunteer team today! Our most immediate opportunity is quickly approaching — the Spring Membership Drive, March 8 - 15.

It's simple. Just click this link, follow the two-step sign up process, and find the calendar with available shifts.

Read more
Membership Drive
3:08 pm
Wed February 6, 2013

Win Jazz Fest Tickets!

Every pledge we receive during the Lagniappe Fund campaign (February 13, 2013 - March 7, 2013) will be entered in a raffle to win a pair of Jazz Fest tickets for every day of Jazz Fest.

Pledge here for your chance to win!

Fall Membership Drive
10:07 am
Mon October 29, 2012

Fall Membership Drive A Smashing Success!

It's on! Men vs Women Thursday. And, as of now, the women are in the lead. In the left corner, representing the men: General Manager Paul Maassen. In the right corner, representing the women, Phyllis Jordan!
Janet Wilson WWNO

Gratitude! That's what we at WWNO feel at the conclusion of our Fall Membership Drive, which took place from Oct. 19-26. With the support of over 1000 donors in the last ten days, not to mention many others who gave to our Lagniappe Fund earlier in October, we have had a very successful Fall Drive. We at the station were struck by the high number of new and returning members and by the many enthusiastic comments that donors made online or on the phones, voicing support for the new schedule of programs on 89.9 and for 24-hour classical music on WWNO2.

Read more

Pages