L'Auberge Baton Rouge

Latest News
1:51 pm
Mon February 4, 2013

Lawsuit Claims L'Auberge Casino Owner Stopped Payments

A Texas company that built the frame for L'Auberge Baton Rouge has sued the casino's parent company and two executives for $1.9 million.

In a lawsuit filed in Livingston, Texas, Postel Industries Inc. claims money budgeted by Pinnacle Entertainment Inc. to pay Postel was kept or used for other purposes. The lawsuit names as defendants the company along with Chief Executive Officer Anthony Sanfilippo and Senior Vice President of Construction Kirk England.

Read more
Hurricane Isaac
4:50 pm
Sun September 2, 2012

Isaac-delayed casino opens, brings out Baton Rouge gamblers

Thousands of gamblers gathered for the opening of Louisiana's newest riverboat casino — an opening delayed three days by Hurricane Isaac.

The $368 million L'Auberge Casino & Hotel Baton Rouge had been scheduled to open Wednesday.

The Advocate reports that Phyllis Reynolds, of Sunshine, got to the casino at 11 a.m., three hours before it opened Saturday.

She says she usually plays the slots at the Belle of Baton Rouge, and gambles every week. She says the new casino is beautiful.

Tropical Storm Isaac
12:39 pm
Mon August 27, 2012

Grand opening for new Baton Rouge casino postponed

The opening of Baton Rouge's new $368 million casino has been delayed because of Tropical Storm Isaac.

L'Auberge Baton Rouge was scheduled to open Wednesday, but Pinnacle Entertainment Inc. announced Monday that it was postponing the grand opening. No rescheduled date was immediately announced.

Pinnacle says the storm has scrapped plans to do a mock cruise and diverted Louisiana State Police employees needed for the final inspection and for issuance of the final regulatory approval to open the casino.

Read more