Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Science Friday is a weekly science talk show, broadcast live over public radio stations nationwide as part of NPR's Talk of the Nation programming. Each week, we focus on science topics that are in the news and try to bring an educated, balanced discussion to bear on the scientific issues at hand. Panels of expert guests join Science Friday's host, Ira Flatow, a veteran science journalist, to discuss science — and to take questions from listeners during the call-in portion of the program.
Thursday, July 17, 2014 1:00pmWhales stabilize the ocean ecosystem through a mechanism scientists call the “whale pump,” or fecal plumes.
Thursday, July 17, 2014 1:00pmWith gene therapy, scientists reprogram pig heart cells to improve heartbeat.
Thursday, July 17, 2014 1:00pmA virus large enough to be seen through a light microscope was recovered from the Siberian permafrost.
Thursday, July 17, 2014 1:00pmReporter Bob Parks guides us through his favorite outdoor and camping apps.
Thursday, July 17, 2014 1:00pmA third of California is now clenched by exceptional drought, and this week the state announced $500 fines for water-wasters. But many residents continue to hope for rain.