Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Thu April 26, 2012
Zurich Classic Marks 100th Anniversary With Some Vintage Gear
Seven of the top golfers competing at the Zurich Classic donned some vintage gear this week to mark the contest’s 100thanniversary.
Clothing manufacturers worked with the golf Hall of Fame to design outfits from a century past. Modern clubs were replaced with those with hickory shafts and feather-weighted balls. Here’s what Keegan Bradley, Graeme McDowell and Camilo Villegas had to say:
“Yeah. How’s that feel? A little weird…The golf balls are surprisingly good actually. They’re actually flying through the wind pretty well….The hickory shafts are obviously quite soft. You’ve just got to wait on them a little bit and you can’t really put the same amount of pressure as you would on the shafts that we’re normally used to playing…It is fun. It is fun to mix it a little bit, go back in the day and see how those legends used to do it…..”
The Zurich Classic runs through Sunday at T-P-C Louisiana in Avondale. Pictures of the golfers in vintage gear are online at W-W-N-O-dot-org.