Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Tue January 20, 2009
Young New Orleanians inspired by Obama
Some analysts say young voters may have been the key to Barack Obama's presidential victory. According to CIRCLE, a non-partisan organization promoting research on the political engagement of Americans aged 15 to 25, young voters preferred Obama over McCain by 68 percent to 30 percent. But President Obama has inspired even those youths not old enough to vote. Eve Abrams brings up this story.